Saturday, June 27, 2009

Facebook Campisms

As I have been mindlessly spending too much time on Facebook today (in reality- I am tired and don't want to do anything- our air is still not working correctly and I am tired from camp) I started reading all the camp comments. What a great week we have just returned from. Unless you have ICYC in your blood, these comments are hard to understand. I also want to thank my great kitchen helpers- Sally, Donna, Mia, Phyllis, Kent and Mary. What would I do without all of you. What fun we have- even though we don't get out of the kitchen much, we truly get to enjoy the kids and all the fun from our side of the serving line.
Enjoy some of the Facebook comments I have copied and pasted below-

Alex Courington What a wonderful week of camp i just returned from! Definitely one of the top 5 weeks ever! Sadly we had to come home :( I can't wait to go back next year! Camp this year definitely assured me of what i wanted to do with my life!

Kim Kelsey I'm not ready for camp to end!! But I'm pretty tired!


Paul Kelsey Enjoying camp!

Phyllis Garrison
I am back from camp and had a great time. Did not want to come home from ICYC. Well I have started washing clothes now and boy do I have a lot to wash. Alissa and Allison had a great time the sang all the way home and talk about camp.

Tyler Sanford at 5:36pm June 26
it was greeeeeeeat,


Sydney Maddox
had the time of my life at camp :] and finally found my happiness :]]]


Jasmine Courington is depressed...I can't believe I'm not waking up at camp this morning...growing up is so hard...=(

Daniel Courington at 8:20am June 22
I could not agree more.

Josh Courington Just got home from cutting grass, and a week full of camp fun. I really enjoyed my time this week at camp , but missed my family. I want to give a big thanks to all the young men in my cabin for acting so well. I look forward to next year!

David Courington
We had a great week of camp at ICYC. There was tons of fun, great fellowship, and best of all several came back to Christ and 5 were baptized. Only time and eternity will tell how much good may have been done. More than 30 years ago a group of teens(including me) went on a mission trip. Today, 2 young boys who were bapt. by us have brought many to Christ and are faithful. We give God thanks and all the glory.2 hours ago

Jared Sanders
Yea I am tired from camp really sore and may have suffered a brain injury but it was worth it. As you all know I have plenty of brain to spare. Thanks to all whom I shared the week with for making it great one.14 hours ago

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Hi...you left a post on my blog a few months ago...I am Katie McDowell's friend! I wanted to ask you about the School Library program at your university. Do they offer the certification without getting the actual master's degree? I already have an M.Ed. in Reading and I don't really want to get another master's, but just the certification. If you could email me back, I'd really appreciate it! mrsleslierains@yahoo.com
Thanks!
-Leslie

Anonymous said...

I miss going yall's week! I am so glad that yall had fun though!