Thursday, July 02, 2009

Thrifty Granna







Yesterday we had to go get our eyes checked (glad I did- I had an eye lid infection) so once we were through I told David I wanted to go to Burkes. For those who are Burkes shoppers, you know that the "Dots" change on the 1st day of the month. Wow- I got some great deals. I had 29 items and spent $17.00. I got Paul 4 pair of khaki pants, Josh 2 pair of pants and about 8 shirts (not certain on the number), and also bought some other shirts for friends. I had a pair of black dress pants and got Kim a pair of brown dress pants. We also bought books, I-Pod speakers, a 4th of July plaque and several other items. Everything I bought was 95% off. Great day at Burkes. Oh yes, one of the 65 cent jackets had a coupon for a free years subscription to Field and Stream ($10.00 value) so I sent it in Casey, because Josh and David both get the magazine already.
I also had a great Publix week. I saved $99.45! I spent about $44.00. I am working on my trip for next week, although it is going to be a "mini- trip".
Happy Anniversary to Daniel and Mandi. It is hard to believe that it has been 4 years- but it has. They are enjoying a brief trip to Gatlinburg but will be with us on the 4th.
Have a great 4th!

No comments: