Monday, December 01, 2008

Happy Birthday, Beautiful Addi!

Today my beautiful, sweet, smart, granddaughter turns 6 years old. I would have to write a book to tell how much I love her. She changed my world on December 1, 2002. Her birth was such a scary day- not at all how we had envisioned it. We came so close to tragedy on that day and at times when I look at Addi and Kim and think about how that day changed our lives, I can't help but thank God for bringing them both through. Addi's birth caused me to look at each pregnancy and birth since that point in a much different way. When you go from being on the mountaintop to being in the valley in just a few short minutes, it brings home the point that life is fragile at it's best. All that aside, I am so thankful for having Addi in my life. She is my precious firstborn grandchild, and she will always hold a special place in Granna's heart.
In other news, remember Mandi and her family in your prayers. Her grandfather was killed in a car accident on Saturday night. The services will be tomorrow at 2. There were only 2 grandchildren, so needless to say, he was special to Mandi.
Have a great week!
Susan

No comments: