Monday, November 03, 2008

Random Monday Morning Thoughts

I have had some random thoughts on this Monday morning, so I decided to blog. I have been thinking about how wonderful the month of November truly is, and not just because it is my birthday month. November is like the threshold to the holidays- and, like most people, I love the holidays. I enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas because of the opportunity to celebrate with my favorite people- my family. We have been blessed to have parents, children, grandchildren, siblings, in-laws, nieces, nephews, and even our children’s in-laws to celebrate the holidays with us. I enjoy fixing the Thanksgiving feast and watching those around me enjoy the meal. What fun. I also love the period of time between Thanksgiving and Christmas- the shopping, Christmas carols, food, gatherings, you name it. I can hardly wait! This year, of course, will be even more wonderful since Mary has her new liver and will be feeling better. We might even string some lights on her!
Christmas is so exciting, especially when there are little ones around. Our Christmas Eve and Christmas day have been made so special with the addition of the wee ones. For several years it seemed like we had “older” kids, but since Addi’s arrival, the little ones have been resupplied. Our family has always been on the “smaller” side, but I think we have made good progress at moving into the “mid-size” range. I am not certain what the numbers are for “mid-size” but I will just say we are.
One of my mother’s wishes was that her family remain a “family”. I think she would be proud of us.
In other news and notes- we are going to take a trip to Gatlinburg this week. We are leaving on Friday morning and we will be back on Tuesday night. While a little short, 4 nights is a nice get-away. I am excited to see all the decorations- it is beautiful during the holiday season.
This morning when I got out of bed I thought to myself that I had no aches or pains. How great. Prior to losing this weight, my back would hurt me if I stayed in bed very long. I guess it was a “touch” of arthritis, but now I never notice it. Is that not good? I have been blessed to not have many of the “fat” folks problems- diabetes, high blood pressure, etc., but I knew I was a ticking time bomb. I still have to give myself a lecture when I am around food- like this weekend, but then when I get on the scales, I am thankful that I did not give in. Reality is- if I can just hold on until I go to bed, once I get up I am not even hungry. I usually wait until about 9 or 9:30 to eat something in the morning, and even at that I am not just starving. I always tell myself if I give in and eat, especially at night before bedtime, I will not even realize that I have eaten it come morning- does that make sense? David put us up a new flat screen digital TV in front of the treadmill. He was walking when I left for work- so I am going to have to get on there and add the exercise to my program. I think having the TV will take away from the boredom of just walking by myself.
Well, enough random thoughts. Am I the only one looking forward to the holidays???

2 comments:

lesliemcguirk said...

No, I'm looking forward to the holidays as well! I did the bulk of my Christmas shopping this morning (online of course!) Only 3.5 weeks till PBP!!! :)

Sydney & Bayley's Proud Mommy said...

yes I am looking forward to the holidays and the challenge of trying to keep Bayley from undecorating the tree ...but I guess that will distract her from her new facination of trying to EAT CAT FOOD....GAG!