Sunday, October 19, 2008

Thanksgiving Early

You know, I love the fall. I love Thanksgiving- being with my family, the cool, crisp days, the thought of Christmas just around the corner. In reality, I feel like our family has had Thanksgiving early this year. Mary is doing great and I am so thankful. This has been such a stressful time for the family, especially Mary, Billy and the kids, and to have everything to have gone so smoothly is just a blessing from above. You know, David's side of the family is pretty small- just David and Billy, their parents, one aunt, and one cousin. So Billy, Mary and the kids have been such a close part of our lives. I told someone at work that I don't think that some people understood how emotional this had been for me, since they probably thought- well, it is just her sister-in-law. But coming from a small, close little family it has been a big event. I believe that the turkey is going to smell better than ever, the dressing will be moist and tasty, the peanut butter pies will be just right, and the day after Thanksgiving sales will be the best ever. I am also excited about Christmas. This time last year we were in the mode of wondering when the transplant call would come. We have been afraid to plan or do much this past year, in anticipation of that important phone call. That feeling has subsided, and although in my heart I know there will be other things in life that stress us, and give us cause for concern, but for today, just for today, all is well in my world. Mary is just my hero through all of this- she has been brave and strong, and I am so proud of her.
I hope you all have the bestest week ever!!!!

3 comments:

Charles said...

God's grace!

Katie said...

All this talk of Thanksgiving is making me hungry. :0) We do have a lot to be thankful for this year!

lesliemcguirk said...

A blog about Mary and peanut butter pie. What could be better! :)