Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday, Kim

I am typing from the waiting room at UAB. We are waiting on word. The doctor came by and got our phone numbers and said he should call with the results around 4 this afternoon. We are not certain if they were already doing the procedure or not. I will update when I have news.
Today is my first-born child's 30th birthday. I cannot believe I have a 30 year old child. My goodness, I am getting old! What a great 30 years. Kim is my heart, my first beautiful baby, the one I probably made a lot of mistakes with, but also learned how to "mother". She has made us so proud- what a great kid!
Also, happy birthday to my wonderful niece Lisa. Lisa and Kim share the day. Lisa was born when I was 8- one of the big events of my childhood. She, too, has made my world a better place. It's kind of funny the Kim and Lisa share a birthday, and that my sister and myself also nearly hit having a baby on the same day a second time- Laura's birthday is August 3rd and Daniel's is August 1st. That would have been a real coincidence!
Keep praying- we hope for good news today.
Susan
'

2 comments:

lmbolus said...

Oh how excited I was when Kim was born on my 15th birhday! (Yes, that makes me 45.) I don't know if she cared for my pet name for her, but she was and is still my "Birthday Baby".

My life has been blessed with family by both blood and marriage and extended marriages. Mary is definitely in that group of blessings. My heart and prayers are with her. Love, Lisa

Emily said...

Praying that all is well with Mary!