Friday, October 10, 2008

Oh the joys of this October morning!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! Mary may go to a room as early as this afternoon. Whoever out there praying, keep on because it is working! BONUS UPDATE!!!!!!!!! SHE IS NOT ITCHING!!!!!! THANK GOD IN HEAVEN FOR HIS MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't help but think of the song by Frankie Valli that starts like this...
"Oh what a night...late December back in 63, what a very special time for me"
Only our version is early October in 2008!
Mary is going to be a poster child for liver transplants. She came off the respirator by midnight and was talking! The doctor in ICU was amazed, as she said that was very rare. We are so thankful, as Mary was dreading having to be on the respirator. She is strong and a survivor, for certain. We are so blessed. Continue your prayers.
On another note, the baby was doing well. When the doctor came out to talk to Temeka she was sitting in the circle with all of us and he said- "Is this your family?" Of course, I guess you have assumed that Temeka is a young, black mother, and all of us are white, which is correct. She looked around this circle of like 30 people and looked at him and said, "Yes, this is my family." Anyway Kakeria is doing great. She will probably go to Children's today, so we will have to keep track of her. Thanks to Mia, Tina, Teresa, Lindsey, for helping me put together a Kakeria fund. We were able to give her enough money to eat on for the weekend. The tears flowed as I pressed the money into her hand (which she did not want to take or did not ask for but was so appreciative of). Tina has already contacted a friend at Children's who knows the ends and outs and she is going to try to make certain that the family receives the correct services that they offer. We are a pretty good team when we all work together! Once she gets to a room, she will have a refrigerator and a microwave, so we can help them out with stocking the frig. I am going to go buy the baby some pajamas at some point today and try to pick up a few other little things. You know, I don't need anything..but they do. I am sooooo blessed. We are going to take care of both our liver people. I am surrounded by some of the greatest people on God's green earth. For my blog commenters, I love each one of you and appreciate your checking on Mary. Mary is special to so many people, and once she can, I am certain that she will go back and read all the comments. I will try to update as we get news.
Again, love to all!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Mary is VERY special and so are all of y'all!!! I love my Alabama family! and I am still praying for everyone!

Crystal said...

You are a wonderful person and your reward is definitely in heaven.

I am so glad both are doing so well.

erin said...

I am so very thankful for the wonderful news. I am so thankful Mary and the baby are doing so well. Everyone is in my prayers.

Thank you so much for the updates.

Love,
Erin Ellenburg

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

I am so happy for the both of them they both were very blessed yesterday. The Mom was very sweet and felt so sorry for her. But we did a good thing having her sit with us. No one should be alone in that way when someone is having a transplant they need there family. Well take care and May God Bless and that he did.