Sunday, October 12, 2008

Out of the mouth of the elderly...

Okay..laugh at my expense.
Yesterday, David and I made a trip to the nursing home. As you enter there are glass doors and I was looking at myself thinking.."Okay, I can tell I have lost weight." I almost had the "thin" feel to myself (okay- believe me, thin is not what I am!), but I did have on black pants and a dark top, so I was feeling pretty good about myself. Anyway, we get into the Alzheimers unit and there is this little lady (well, she is actually short, but she is pretty chunky) and she comments, very quietly to the lady at the table with her (who does not know if it is day or night), "She is tall, (so I am thinking, "Oh, I am tall, that's okay), and then she adds, "and big, too!" Boy, talk about bursting a bubble. Go ahead...laugh... I did.
Mary is having a better day. She is up walking and they have her off the morphine (which was making her itch again). She is doing great. She still has a recovery ahead, and with 70 staples in your stomach you have to be sore, but she is still on target. She wanted to see Addi, and Jasmine and Alex took her today, so that was great medicine. We had Lila's first birthday, and of course she had a big time. She received several nice gifts, had a cute as pie cake, and had great fun eating her personal cupcake. She also had her other grandparents here from Oklahoma and we have enjoyed spending time with them today.
I will update soon, but for now, all is well. Please remember to pray for Mary each day when you say your prayers, and for little JaKeria (I put the wrong name on my last post- I have a student named KaKeria) who is still in ICU, but doing well at last report.

No comments: