Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Having fun in the summer sun!

What a great day- I did not have to go anywhere! I spent about an hour floating in the pool and would have stayed longer had I not been bit on my hind side by some type of stinging insect. It may have been a wasp or a horsefly- it left a pretty bad mark, whatever it was. Anyway, that did not ruin my joy at having nothing pressing to do.
Sunday was a wonderful day. We were honored by the congregation for our 30 years at Sylvan Springs. Daniel and Mandi were here, so all of our kids were present. Paul, Daniel, and Josh all spoke. I think Paul and Daniel had their speeches written, so I may get them and post them. Josh spoke from "the cuff" and of course, there was not a dry eye. I found out on Saturday, in an effort to keep David out of the building. He had not a clue. We were presented a beautiful outdoor lamppost. I am excited about having it installed. Thanks to everyone-I know it was a lot of hard work.
We are in the midst of VBS. What fun. The kids are all having such a great time, and the adults are too.
David and I took MaMa to Jasper yesterday and had her an upper denture made and we all had our eyes checked and got new glasses ordered. David and I picked out some frames that we were told made us look "younger". That should be interesting!
Addi finished her ball season. We now look forward to soccer. I believe Levi might be playing, so that should be fun. In sad news, one of the ballpark children drowned this past Saturday at one of the end of the year team parties. He would have been starting first grade. We have known this family since Kim was Addi's age. The little boy's aunt and uncle were part of Addi's coaching staff this season, and Kim played ball with the aunt. The grandmother actually helped coach and All-Star team that Kim was on and David was the head coach. It has been a sad event.
My summer classes at UWA officially begin next Monday. I already have a full roster in 2 of the classes, and my internship class has 16 on roll. I imagine there will be a few more to register between now and Monday. Woo Hoo- nice check!!!
I better go- I am cooking supper- baked chicken, green beans, low-calorie squash dish, and WW cornbread. The joy of being home- a great meal.
Oh yes- I am excited!!!! We have ordered a new camera. We have had a couple of little digital cameras that I have tolerated, but I wanted a good camera. Some of the photos that people post on their blogs are so great and I wanted to "compete", so we bit the bullet and bought what we hope will fit the bill.
Have a great day!

No comments: