Sunday, June 08, 2008

Happy Sunday Morning, to All!

Well, it is Sunday morning, and VBS 2008 is now history. I can't believe how weeks come and go. We had a good VBS although our attendance was down some from last year. We have been hit hard by moves in the past year. While we seem to be holding our own, we can't seem to get "ahead". We lose one family of 4 and we get one- that seems to be the story. Speaking of losing,this morning will be our first morning without Daryl, Becky, and Emily. I am not certain about Rachel- I think she is going to try to keep coming for a while at least- but it is a drive for her and she will be by herself, so I don't know if she will keep it up or not. She said she would see how it went. I am sad thinking about them being gone. They will, of course, continue to be a part of our lives, but reality is, it will not be the same. Daryl came by yesterday to bring my new glasses, and he was exhausted- moving is not easy.
This week will find us in sunny Destin, Florida for my annual Nuts and Bolts Symposium for Middle Level Education. This is the third year that I have attended and it is a great program. What is really great is that it is basically a morning program and you are done by early afternoon. Then the rest of the day is yours, and there is great shopping, eating, fishing, beach, etc! We have stayed in the same condo for the past 2 years and we will be in the same one this time. It is soooooo nice and it is beginning to feel real familiar. David gets to come along for the ride, and we have a great time. We are excited.
Yesterday was a banner day at my house- I saw the bottom of the laundry hamper. I mean the TOTAL bottom, with nothing in it. At one point everything in this house was clean. Sadly, at this point one day later, I could do another load!
Our camera came and we are in total love. I am going to post some photos later. I will try to post some from Destin.
Well, I need to move on. We are having some reshuffling on Sunday School classes and I may have to "pinch-hit" this morning. Daryl and Becky both taught on Sunday morning and we have had to find teachers to take their place. David is moving to the teenage class on Sunday morning- something he has missed terribly. He loves teaching the teens.
Have a great week- and pray for us as we travel. There are a lot of crazy drivers out there, talking on cell phones, and playing with their CD players, etc., so everyone be careful.

No comments: