Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Today marks Kim and Paul's 10th anniversary. We love them so much and are proud of them and wish for them many more years to enjoy their family and one another. A good marriage is to be cherished. Paul has been a blessing to our family and I know that God in Heaven had a hand in their "finding" each other. Kim is one of the greatest joys of my life and she is a good wife and mother.
On another note- David is at UAB ER with Josh. He called a little before 4 this morning and said his back was killing him. He has not felt well this week having strept throat and some other pain that he thought might be a muscle pull or something. Anyway, David called me about 5 and said they thought he had a kidney stone or stones. They were doing an ultrasound/CAT scan. I have heard that kidney stones are painful, and many people compare the pain to childbirth. I guess only a woman who had given birth and had kidney stones could testify to that. Josh has never had any problem with stones, so I pray that this will be his one and only encounter. I hope to hear from them soon. Since it was the middle of the night, Katie stayed with Hannah. Hopefully once they see what is going on we will know which way to go.
I made it to WW last night and I had lost 2.8 making my total 61.4. I thought I would never hit that 60 mark. Despite parties and special occasions, I have managed to hold on. I know we have so many times when food is in abundance, so I just have to compensate during the "regular" times. My closet is getting pretty sparce, as I have had to discard at least 1/2 of my clothing. I have a Mother's Day gift card from Josh and Katie to Cato's and as soon as I have time I am going to go pick me out a new outfit. It is funny, but when I go look at clothes, I keep looking at the same size that I have been buying. It is hard to buy a smaller size for some reason. Thank goodness for jeans and t-shirts that take a while to get too big.
Last night we received a call from our sweet Brianna Montagano. She wanted to be baptized. Within about 30 minutes we managed to pull together a nice little group to witness this important and special moment. We love Bri and are so proud of her decision to put on Christ in baptism. She is a special girl.
I hope you all have a great day. Pray for Josh today.

1 comment:

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

I hope Josh is doing better let us know what they find out. I am so proud of you and all the weight you have lost. It makes you feel so much better doing everything. I know I have lost some and I can tell it. I feel so much better in my legs.