Thursday, June 12, 2008

By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea!

Well, believe it or not, I had a post ready to go and hit a button and deleted the whole thing- so here I go again.
We are having a great time in Destin. My conference is good, and I am done by early afternoon. Tomorrow I will be done before noon. David is enjoying himself (see his blog), and is out deep-sea fishing at the moment. He is with some of my co-workers, and former co-workers. Hopefully they will be kind to him!
I have been shopping. I went to Burkes (it is Beale's here) and bought a pair of denim capris and a 65 cent pair of jeans. I then went to Ross and bought a new skirt, a top, and a pair of black capris. I am in pretty good shape now with a few new things that fit. I am going to put something in writing that is out of my character- I bought size 20's! I have not worn a 20 in forever. Now for my skinny readers, this sounds huge, I know, but to me, a recovering size 26-28, it seemed unreal! I can't believe I just put my clothes size in print!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I better hurry and post before I decide against it. Seriously, I have done fairly well this week. There have been food challenges, but I have managed. I have not been perfect, but I have not been bad. Food issues are so complex. I pray I can keep this weight off, this time. Been there, done that so many times. I have so much to live for, and while I still have good health I need to conquer this addiction. Next week, working in the kitchen at camp, will be a bigger obstacle. I seriously hope to maintain and not gain. Then I will have a few weeks before our family vacation to try to drop a few more pounds.
Well, enough of that. I have to go pick David up in a little while. I hope he has some fish!!

No comments: