Friday, January 25, 2008

The Walking Pneumonia or the Boogie Woogie Flu

Well, as you can tell by the time on this post, my walking pneumonia has me walking. I am still pretty sick. I got up and googled the disease, and while most sites say many patients will not be bed-ridden, I have been pretty much off my feet since Tuesday. I have no energy (common symptom), and the cough worsens at night (the cough syrup helped but was making me a zombie). The one symptom that I do not have is loss of appetite. Why do I never seem to have that problem?
I did not make it to WW last night, but I did my own weigh-in based on what I weighed when I came home last Thursday night, and I have lost 7 pounds this week. That puts my total at about 25. Let’s not get excited yet- although I am back in pants that I could not wear. David is doing well on his plan and I can already tell a great difference in his appearance. Kim said that Sally, Robin, and Brianna were at WW last night to join. It is helpful to have the troops all working on the “project”.
I am going to have to miss the survivor weekend, and I hate that. I have missed very few things during the years, but I know that I am in no shape to head to camp. I just pray that I get to go back to work on Monday as I have used 4 sick days this week, and I don’t want to use any more.
Keep me in your prayers. I know this is not something that serious, but I am really hoping to see the sun come out soon! I am not used to having anything that lasts more than a day or two, so I am an impatient patient. I just hope to get some energy back, as I am tired of dragging. Google said it might be a week from the start of antibiotics- I hope not, although I am on day 4.
I hope all my church family enjoys the weekend. Survive for me- I will return next year the Good Lord willing!!!

2 comments:

mary said...

Everything I do will be in memory of you.lol but hope you will be there next year. Sorry you are feeling bad that stuff can get you down. Alex had it one summer and it lasted almost the whole summer. We would think he was fine and we would go out to eat and by time the food got there we had to get it to go because he was exhausted.Mary

Paul said...

We miss you! Get well soon!

Levi missed you last night at camp since we slept in "your bed" in the directors hut.