Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tag

I was tagged by Kim :
The Rules: Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
-OR-
Share the 5 top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list.
-OR-
Share 5 things you never pictured being in your future when your were 25 years old.

I guess I will do random and/or weird, or maybe a combo:

1-
Random #1- I have never had a manicure or a pedicure (that might count as 2)
2-
Random # 2- I have never had a permanent
3-
Top 5 want to see- Greece- the Equator channel on HD has had the most wonderful documentary on areas of Greece that are not touristy- they are unreal!
4-
Top 5 never pictured- That I would have the family that I have today.
5-
Top 5 never pictured- That as a preacher’s family, we would be at the same congregation for (in July) 30 years! What a testimony to loving people and a husband who is extraordinary!

As a side note- I finally gave in and went to the doctor yesterday. As I have stated on the blog several times, I have had a bad cough since the week of Thanksgiving. I just have not been able to shake it. I would have better days, and then some days that were really bad. As most of you might remember, MaMa had walking pneumonia right before she went into the hospital at Thanksgiving- well, guess what I have- yep- Walking Pneumonia. It hit me Monday night in the Galleria big time. I had been okay most of the day, and I started coughing and honestly felt as if though I was going to hit the floor. I hope that I have not infected others, but as the doc said someone gave it to us. They do a blood test for WP and he said I had a good old case. I got a shot and medicine. I also got some cough syrup that would put an elephant to sleep, I believe. I am already better, and if I continue to improve, I plan to go back to work on Friday.
Also, I don’t know if I will get to go to WW tomorrow night, but I am going to try. I have lost about 23 pounds since I started my latest venture. I will be honest, if you have the fortitude to follow WW, you will not go hungry. You also get flex or as I say “cheat” points that come in handy for eating out, etc. So you can really have a splurge or two a week and if you follow the plan, you will still loose weight. Really, it is just sensible eating, but I am so not sensible about food! I have also discovered some neat little Swiss Rolls made by Mrs. Freshley (I believe that is the name- they are were the Little Debbie cakes are at Walmart but they are just $1.00 a box!) that have 200 calories for the 2 rolls and after you eat them you have your sweet tooth and chocolate tooth in check. Try them- they are really good. Let me know what you think if you do try them.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon! Take care of yourself, Mandi

Mandi said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon! Take care of yourself, Mandi

Emily said...

Sounds like an Aldi's brand! I'll have to try them.
Hope you feel beeter!