Sunday, January 13, 2008

This and That

Well, we are a week into 2008 and it has been busy at the Courington’s house. We keep thinking we will have a let-up, but that has not been the case. I have tickets to the Pompeii exhibit (Thanks, Lisa!) and I can’t even find a date for us to go. I had thought we would go on MLK day, but they are not open on Monday.
David went hunting with Josh yesterday (according to David, the big one got away despite 2 fired shots), and I had to go get the food for today’s Bible Bowl. I also enjoyed the time out by checking out after Christmas bargains. Target has really had some great deals. We went to the Target on 280 Friday night and between Marty and Susan and us, we filled the back of the van. They had almost all of their Christmas toys on for 75% off the mark-down price. If I had been smart, I would have shopped for next year, but I only picked up a few odds and ends. They also had a dozen wash cloths marked down to 74 cents! I stocked up for me and the girls. I truly love bargains.
I haven’t blogged about my latest weight loss efforts, but I might as well. I decided prior to the holidays that I was not going to gain weight this Christmas, and I succeeded. I have actually lost about 18 pounds in the past few weeks. I had lost and was doing so well prior to the time that PaPa went to the nursing home and MaMa came to live with us. It seems like our world kind of took an upside down turn during those months, and it was very hard to concentrate on dieting. I gained back all but about 10 of the 50 I had lost. I planned to start WW last Thursday, but due to the weather I did not go (found out they met anyway). I am going to start this week. I need some accountability. I might get Paul to put me a weight loss ticker on my blog- you know, one of those that shows how many pounds you have lost- not how much you weigh!!!!!!!!!!! We have been enjoying watching some of the new weight loss programs like Biggest Looser, and the National Weight Loss Challenge. Thanks to our new DVR we can record and watch when we can. Also, thank to the new 47 inch High Def TV I can see how truly yuk fat looks on hd! Cellulite shows up very well when it is life-size!!!
I hope you all have a great week!

No comments: