Friday, August 17, 2007

Tidbits

Well, the first full week of school is behind me, and I have spent the last 3 days in training. We have a new circulation system, and I am here to tell you that I am about brain dead from the training. We spent 3 SOLID days, and the information was OVERLOAD. I really don’t know if I remember anything. I guess it will be one of those learn as you go type things. I had to do some programming with HTML language- something I have NEVER done, so that was a challenge (and also unbelievable that it was required considering this program set B’ham City Schools back MANY dollars). Our old program was only 2 years old, but the company bailed and we were basically left with a skeletal program. Oh well, enough of that.
Tonight we went to Golden Rule in Irondale to eat. About the time we got our drinks the lights went out because of lightning. David and I had food- but everyone else was just waiting. We actually ate in the dark. David went and got a flashlight right toward the end. It was interesting. We truly could not see what we were putting in our mouths. Everyone was using their cell phones to try to see. How funny!!
We have a funeral to go to tomorrow. Some people that come to church at Sylvan Springs had a 20 year old son to die. He had a bicycle wreck and they thought he was okay. Apparently he had gone to bed and they went to check on him some time later and he was blue. They called the paramedics and when they got there he had a faint pulse. They carried him to the hospital but he died. He was their only child (not that that makes any difference), and I know this is a tremendous shock to them.
Tomorrow is also sweet, baby Hannah’s big first birthday party. That should be fun. She is getting so big. Wednesday night she was walking every where. She is still a little wobbly, but she is about to overcome that. My bed calls…..I am getting old.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Whatever we ate at Golden Rule sure tasted good! lol

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

Well Hello Granna we had no phone at our house. I called Mom when I left and I never could get her and the phone was out. Joe said it happend in McDonald Chapel. Someone stole some wire and copper tubbing. So it messed up the lines. We had a great time in New Orlean's but nice to be home. No place like home. Phyllis