Thursday, August 09, 2007

Mary, Mary, not contrary!


My sister-in-law, Mary had a port put in today so that she can take some medication to hopefully relieve her itching. For those that may not know, Mary has a liver condition that is going to eventually require a transplant. We are hopeful that it might be some long years down the road, but some of Mary’s problems, and blood work numbers indicates that the problem may have worsened some since it was last checked. Mary has taken some medications that may have caused the numbers to worsen. Have you ever noted that every single drug advertisement says something like…”Don’t take this drug if you have liver problems.” Some of the drugs that Mary has taken to TRY to get relief from the itching might be culprits in making the numbers higher, as well. I don’t know if any of you out in Blog Land have ever itched- but I have. It is not like a mosquito bite- it is sheer torment. Back before the doctors realized my gallbladder was bad (anyone else out there had this misdiagnosed????), I almost itched myself to death. As a matter of fact, at one point I spent 5 days in the hospital on a Benadryl drip (boy was that a trip!). I can sympathize with Mary. While I don’t think I know what she is going through to the extent that it is, I know it is more than just itching. I also know that Mary is being very brave. She is smiling, and laughing, and well, just being Mary. What she is actually facing is very serious. I love Mary. I don’t think the 2 of us have ever had a cross word. If we have, I don’t remember it (so don’t remind me, Mary!). So, all you Bloggers, pray for Mary. She is trying to work, but it is hard. She has no sick days, and she is the “insurance” carrier in the family. Hopefully she will feel better in a few days. I love you, Mary!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

We are thinking about and praying for her.

mary said...

Susan thanks you have made me cry see I not so strong after all but I do know things will work out for the best. No we haven't had any cross words not even when I almost hit you backing out of my driveway when we lived in minorlol. And my new drive way isn't much better but at least I am not on a main street. You are precious and I love you dearly.

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

Well Hello Granna I fell I can keep up with the world better now that I have a blog. Which is Nana's Blog. I keep Mary in my thought's all the time and in my prayer's. She is such a sweet person I hate all of this for her to have. I have problems with my health but nothing like this. Well take care and May God Bless you. You are a very special person.