Thursday, August 30, 2007

Do I Make You Proud?

Taylor Hicks began his reign as the American Idol by singing,
”Do I Make You Proud?”, a song that he admittedly did not like, but I did. I got to thinking about my children, and boy, do they make me proud. Kim, Paul, Josh, Katie, Daniel, and Mandi….all so active for God. Kim and Paul, teaching and working with Lads to Leaders, Josh and Katie, also teaching and working with Bible Bowl and other good works, Daniel and Mandi, working with the church at Glencoe. David had the opportunity to spend some time with both Josh and Daniel at Polishing the Pulpit- because they were there. Josh had worked a hard day, yet he still found time to do something good. Daniel made the trip to Birmingham 2 days, and Mandi came after school one of those days. They have such good hearts. I know, the Lord willing, that I have sons and a son-in-law that will one day serve as Elders in the church. How wonderful that I don’t have to worry about them frequenting bars, or other places where so many other young adults find their “place” in life. I love you all.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Awww. I'm so blessed to have married into a wonderful family. I have the best mother in law in the world. My father in law is pretty good too.

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

You have some wonderful kid's and grand kid's also. They are all great christian's and I know you are proud of them all. Well take care see you Sunday. Phyllis Roll Tide