Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Cousin Cliff


This morning when I picked up the newspaper, I was sad to see that “Cousin Cliff” had died. Cousin Cliff is one of my favorite childhood memories. I waited eagerly each afternoon for his television program. My how I loved Cousin Cliff! I had heard that he had Alzheimer’s, and was not doing well. As a matter of fact, we ate at Jack’s in Parrish last night and we commented on his picture on the wall. I told Billy that he was not doing well at last report. David had the “honor” of being on the program as a child. I would have been “over the moon” if I had been able to go. Mother always told me that Cousin Cliff lived “over the mountain” (which in Birmingham means Mountain Brook), but in my small world I thought he lived on the other side of the slate dump, (this is coming from a coal miner’s child that lived ON the slate dump above the mines)! I am sorry that today’s children do not have Cousin Cliff. Sponge Bob will just never be as good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work and you will see a loss before you know it!!!!!!