Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Biggest Loser

Last night was the first episode this season of the Biggest Loser. Since I am on a weight loss journey (the never-ending journey, I might add), I watched with great interest. I really enjoyed the show the past year, and I know I will this year. I do not have a “team” as of yet, but I think it might be the orange team. They were in the bottom 2 last night but survived. The girl is a “big” girl, so I can empathize with her. Anyway, all that aside, I did have a “beef” about the show and was wondering if anyone else watched it. They had to climb this mountain and retrieve a banner dropped by airplanes. The yellow team, a father and daughter, had been told earlier that the father could not participate as his health was really bad. As a matter of fact, they say this is the first contestant that the doctor has limited on activity- of course the man lost like 20 something pounds, anyway. Go figure. Back to the challenge- the daughter had to do it by herself, as opposed to doing it with her dad. In order to retrieve the flags both members of the team had to be at the top of this mountain. Well the way I look at it, she was at an advantage, rather than a disadvantage. If the dad had been able to participate, I am certain that he would have been one of the last up the mountain. She was first (she is one of the lighter contestants) and retrieved the “immunity” flag. I just did not think that was fair- am I alone in my thoughts?

4 comments:

Katie said...

I didn't think that was fair either. They should have let him start half way up the hill or something. I LOVE this show!

Unknown said...

I didn't realize it was on so we missed the first episode!

Emily said...

I didn't see that part because I didn't know it was on and missed the first hour, but it doesn't sound fair.

Kim said...

I see your point on that one but I think they made up for it by making her go up and down that slip and slide over and over last night. lol