Saturday, August 16, 2008

Whewwww.......

Well, I hoped to post about a "normal" week, but for those who know me best (and have read David's blog at http://www.fromcalmtochaos.blogspot.com/) then you know about the goings on at our home. I will admit, I held it together, but it looked like a murder scene from a horror movie, and I am not a horror movie person. Thankfully David did not lay his head down on his desk and die, as Kent told him he might have done. From the moment my phone rang, before Kim said a word, I knew by her breathing that something was wrong. My first thought was that something had happened to one of the kids, and my heart was already in my throat. When she said "Dad", I had my keys in my hands. I don't guess it is any surprise to any of you, but I love that "Big Column of Pressure" (as the kind doctor referred to him), and he is my rock. I am glad to report he is doing well, but he has been pretty weak the past couple of days. He lost a lot of blood, more that I think the doctor even realized. It would be hard to measure, but it must have been at least a pint and a half or 2 pints. Every time something happens that ends us up at the ER, I always make the comment that you never know in the morning where your night will see you. David also made the comment that it seems that through the years we have never had "normal" things...and that is so true in hindsight. How many kids get an infection in their leg from "concrete" after taking a ride in their grandfather's new car up a telephone pole (with their 2 year old brother at the wheel), how many people get a virus that attacks the liver, or have AFLP (acute fatty liver in pregnancy), just to name a few of our "weird" and unusual illnesses. But, thanks to a great and loving God, David is on the golf course this morning (not playing, but helping with the camp tournament- he thought he could play, but the weakness gave him pause to reconsider!).
In great news, Daniel has been hired as the youth minister for the Roebuck Parkway Church of Christ. They plan to move to the Trussville area, which will put them an hour closer to us and in the same county! They have a house to sell, and much to do. I think he has one more week at his present job at DHR and 2 more Sundays at Glencoe. The job at Roebuck will be a big one- a large youth group numbering close to 100, I think. Their attendance is around 700 and there are 4 other ministers, I believe. They are an active church in an area of town that has seen decline in many ways. Pray for Daniel and Mandi as they take on this new position. Mandi will be able to continue teaching at Locust Fork, and her drive will be cut way down, so that is great news.
Have a great weekend- and watch out for purple veins!
Susan

3 comments:

Paul said...

It really isn't fun worrying about David, even if he does pick on me a lot.

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

I was happy to see him at church Sunday and doing his Job that he does so well. But most off all I a happy he will be OK. May God Bless

Kim said...

Wow... I am glad David is o.k. and that is wonderful about Daniel!