Thursday, August 28, 2008

This and That

Thursday night finds football playing in the background (YEAH! I have missed it!!!) and all quiet on Hathcock Drive. I had a good day at school, went by the thrift store (I went to get a blouse I had passed up the other day, and of course it was gone. For some reason I could not pay $5.99 at the thrift store, even though it was new with $40.00 tags on it- go figure my mentality- I did get a great pair of $1.25 dress pants that are the perfect length), came home and did a little bit of nothing, went to Weight Watchers (3.2 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!, bringing me to about 75, I think), went to the store, came home and with the help of a Sam's roasted chicken, steam-fresh veggies, and microwave mashed potatoes, had a great supper. That sums up today, in a nut shell. David spoke at Roebuck Parkway last night in their summer series. He had been scheduled for months, and we had no idea that last night Daniel and Mandi would be introduced to the congregation. Everyone had so many nice things to say- especially many that were on the search committee. One of the elders gave Mandi a copy of the new church directory and jokingly told her there would be a test on it next week. I don't think she will learn everyone by then. Daniel grew up at Maytown (Sylvan Springs), which is a relatively small congregation, and Mandi grew up at East Gadsden, which was I would guess at that time a mid-size congregation- so to go to 700 in attendance is going to be a big change for them. They will have their work cut out for them, but I think they can handle it. They are house-hunting, and house-selling, so they have much to do.
Addi and Levi have their first soccer practice tonight. We should get lots of laughs this year, for certain. Levi should provide lots of entertainment, and I imagine we will see Addi make a lot of improvement since this is her 3rd year to play (and she is just 5!).
Hannah is busy being busy. She is very entertaining, to say the least. Lila continues to grow and has found her "voice". It also appears that her quiet disposition may be a thing of the past. She seems to have little patience when she has to wait, and her red hair might come with a bit of a temper. She is funny when she is waiting on her bottle- she makes her hands into fists and gets all excited. She is a very good baby and I believe she will be walking soon.
I better go- the long weekend is just around the corner. It appears from the weather that we may be spared the current hurricane as it seems to have shifted west- tomorrow may be another story. I hate to take weather days this soon in the school year, but that is out of my control.
Have a great Friday.

No comments: