Sunday, August 03, 2008

Just a Short Update

I haven't had time to do much posting this week. It has been busy. We left Thursday to go to Lake Guntersville State Park. Just let me say- if you are needing a one night get-away- that is the place to go. The scenery and views are just too wonderful. The lodge is beautiful and all of the rooms are newly re-modeled. It costs about $100.00 a night, and the views are as pretty as any in the Gatlinburg area. I had to work a lot while there, but we had fun being together as a faculty. David truly enjoyed sitting on the deck with his camera, binoculars, and a cup of coffee.
On Saturday morning we left at 7 and drove to Glencoe. David had to speak 3 times at their back to school rally. It was well organized and there were about 100 in attendance. Then after the rally we went to Daniel and Mandi's and met their dog, Tipin. She is so sweet and well behaved. She is a golden retriever. Mandi had somewhere to be, so we went with Daniel and ate. I had a wonderful smoked chicken salad with a dying fly in it! I had eaten about 1/2 when I discovered him fighting for his life. They kindly removed the charge from the ticket. This is the second time in 2 weeks that I have had a fly in my salad. Oh well, it was good for the diet!
This morning the phone rang early and it was Jeannette Cagle telling us that Michelle Blankenship had over-dosed and died sometime around 3:00 a.m. Michelle's family attends church at Sylvan Springs, and Michelle came during certain periods of time. She was at church on Wednesday night, I believe. Sadly, the lure of drug addiction won the battle. The family has never tried to hide the fact that Michelle had problems, and they really wanted to help her. The family is making arrangements today. We went and spent some time with Pat and Casey. Their hearts are broken. As sad as it is to see someone in their early 30's lose their life this way, I hope maybe her death will be a wake up call for others. If you keep playing with rattlesnakes, eventually you will get bit. Pray for the family, they are going to need a lot of support. Drug addiction has been the cause of many untimely deaths. and this is one.
In other news, I got my Weight Watchers vouchers. I think I am going to wait and go back on next Monday after school starts back. I am still on the program, but since the next few days are going to be so busy and since school starts back for me on Wednesday, I think I will wait. I have missed a couple of weeks waiting on the vouchers, but I have stayed with the program for the most part. We were over-fed on the retreat, so I have a day or two to make up, but I am working on that.
I hope you all have a great week. Remember, I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice trip. Sorry to hear about your loss. That is sad. Great that you got your vouchers. I can understand being busy. I am starting training for my job and teaching VBS this week.