Tuesday, August 05, 2008

"Twas the Day Before the New School Year

Tomorrow begins a new school year. Can it be? I can hear the pump on the swimming pool, so I know it is still summer. Fortunately my media center has excellent air conditioning!!!! I remember my mother telling me once that each September she would get that "back to school" feeling, even decades after she or any of her children were off to a new school year. Being in education, I not only have that feel, but I am there. The summer has been so busy, and my last two days of "freedom" have not exactly turned out to be "free". I fixed lunch for the kids at church yesterday (they are having Lads to Leaders "Boot Camp"), and then I had some errands to run and some "orchestrating" to get two meals prepared and delivered to families with deaths. Thanks to everyone- especially Katie, Kim, and Emily. They have really helped during this time. I am proud of them.
This morning David hit a new low!!! Yeah, David. Then it dawned on him that he needed to try on his suits to see if he had one that he could wear for the funeral on tomorrow. Mercy----we moved almost all of his suits to the "too big" closet. This is not a good situation for a minister. He has 2 new sports coats, but they are still a little small, so his options were limited. He did come up with a dark suit that will work, but I had to put the hem back in the pants. He is fixing to hit the place I hit a few weeks ago- a closet full of too big clothes. Not a bad problem.
The scales are moving in the right direction for me, as well- albeit very slow. I hope once school resumes that the special events will not be as frequent. I do well on normal days, so I am praying for normal days.
Last night was so nice. We floated in the pool, watched planes fly over, and just chilled out. Those nights are few and far between.
Well, I must go. The laundry calls. My goal of having a spotless house when I returned to work has now vanished into the reality that it ain't going to happen. Oh well, maybe some day.
Love to all!!!

6 comments:

Charles said...

Year 30 has officially begun!
My,how time flies.

Granna said...

How can a 40 year old person have taught for 30 years?????

Granna said...

Has anyone ever had their comments to disappear?

Granna said...

How can a 40 year old have taught for 30 years???

Charles said...

Must be GIFTED!

Charles said...

Maybe I'm gifted?