Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday Musings

Well, my Verizon network forsook me at Ft. Morgan this past week, so I did not update. We were shocked that we had minimal cell and wireless service, but it wasn’t so bad. I had papers to grade this past week so it made doing that a bit harder. I spent 2 and ½ hours in the Wal-Mart parking lot one night in an effort to get caught up.
The week at the beach was really nice. It was a lot of fun having all of my kids and grandkids under one roof. Everyone made it well, including all of the wee ones. Levi and Hannah provided a lot of entertainment. On Friday night Hannah was sitting with me in a chair and Addi was seated on the end of the chair (chaise lounge type chair)- Katie had just bathed all the kids and Addi’s hair was wet. Hannah was drinking her juice and she stopped and patted Addi on the back of the head and so sweetly said- “Addi, I like your red hair.” She is such a big girl and such a great talker.
David, Josh, and Daniel went deep-sea fishing and caught a LOT of fish. We ate fish one night and it was great. We also brought some home.
David, Josh, Katie, Hannah, Addi, and myself made a trip to Pensacola on Friday to watch the Blue Angels. David and I have seen them once before, and it is just outstanding!!! If you get a chance, go see them.
We went to the nursing home this afternoon. MaMa is doing much better, thank goodness. They have her wearing a helmet to try to prevent her from hurting herself if she falls. We are so pleased that she has improved.
I am going to work this week- and then I will have a few weeks before school begins. Summer is so short. My UWA classes will finish the first week of August, but my new sessions will start just as these end. We are going to 8 week sessions as opposed to 10 weeks- meaning I will have 5 sessions per year instead of 4.

No comments: