Friday, July 25, 2008

I Love a Bargain







As most of you know- I love a bargain. Perhaps, too much. I love finding good buys. We have always had an over abundance of clothing, but we have never spent very much money on any of it. When all 3 of the kids were at home, I would shop off-season, the thrift store, yard sales, you name it. I still do. My grandkids have been the beneficiaries of many great bargains. I almost always have something for them, every time I see them. I like to think I am helping their parents out some, as their wonderful mommies have elected to fore-go careers and stay at home with them. That is not easy.



For my birthday- 30th anniversary- Christmas, etc. year before last, David bought me a new sewing machine that does embroidery. While I have not had enough time to just sit and play with it, I have managed to create a few things. I have monogrammed many shirts for David and Paul, and a few things for the kids. The other day I was at the thrift store and found this little dress for 75 cents. It was one of those marked $2.99 and it was 75% off (see photo to see what I did to make it belong to Hannah!). It is cordurory and come winter I think it will be cute with a white shirt under it. Each week they have items that are 50% off and 75% off. I shop by tag colors- this week was pink. I just go down the row and look for pink tags (75% off) and then look at the item and see if it will work for anyone I know. This week I bought me 2 items- a brand new shirt (tags still on ) for $1.25 and another shirt that appears to be brand new for $1.00. I also bought Mrs. Courington a brand new pair of pants (tags still on ) for $1.25. I love a bargain. Since I have discarded 90% of my clothing- I am going to have to hunt bargains. I am going to post a new photo made Sunday. Anyone notice any difference????



Love to all-



Susan

3 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW! You really do look great and should be very proud of yourself. The dress for Hannah is adorable.

Charles said...

LOOKING GREAT, Susan!! Keep up the good work.

glenda said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! You look wonderful.