Thursday, May 22, 2008

Musings of a Proud Mom

Let me start by saying, I know I have been a blog slacker. It’s not that I haven’t had anything to say, it’s just that I have not had time to say it- and also, they have blocked our ability to post on Blogger from work. Imagine that!
Life has been busy. Kim and family spent a week during their bathroom remodel. The kids were good and I miss the big greeting I got every afternoon when I came home. Levi makes you feel like you have been away at war or something.
I am still plugging away at the weight thing. Last week saw a whopping one pound and I think this week has been about the same. I am going to miss WW tonight because Addi has a ballgame and I have some things I need to do. I will be back next week. I do think I have hit the 60 pound mark, but with Memorio Day (as Addi calls it) coming up, that might be a challenge.
The pool is open and I am working on getting the water clear. That is always a challenge because I like it to sparkle. Hopefully by Monday it will be blue and clear. It is on its way. We hope to get this year out of the pool and maybe upgrade a little and re-do our decks, etc. Everything costs so much.
On another proud Mother note- On Sunday Josh and Paul will be installed as deacons. I am so proud of both of them. They are good boys and I know they will do well in the position. Lord willing I know that one day they will both serve as elders. When my boys were little I used to think about wanting them to be leaders in the Lord’s church- and both have taken on roles and responsibilities in that field. I know that Paul’s parents are proud of him, as well. We will also have two new elders, Marty Glenn and Mark Wylie, and another new deacon in Brian Maddox. I am proud of all of them, as well. I have watched Mark and Brian grow up and it is a wonderful feeling to see them take on this position.
I hope all of you have a great week’s end and hold on- the long weekend is coming!

1 comment:

Paul said...

Thanks for the nice remarks!

If you miss you Levi, you can take him for the long weekend. Ha.