Sunday, May 04, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Thoughts

I have been blogging on Thursdays to give a WW update, but did not get to go this week because I went to Quintown with David. He preached in their revival this past week and I went every night. I don't often get to go every night when he is preaching away, but I did this time. I will get back to WW this week (while I did not have an official weigh-in, I have lost several more pounds according to my scales). David hit the 45 pound mark this week- WOO HOO!!!! Continue to pray for us, and I am not saying that lightly. Losing weight is harder than gaining it, and keeping it off even harder. When I was a kid I used to think that when I got older that I would no longer like candy, cake, pie, all that sweet stuff- but guess what, that did not happen. I have a very strong desire to be around for many more years, and I know that losing weight might help to insure my years. Again, it might not. I really want to see my children grow old and my grandchildren grow up.
The past week was busy with the revival (David did a great job and the people were very kind, work, a little ballpark activity, and a day of shopping on yesterday. I am trying to do some laundry this afternoon, and a little dusting and vacuuming. The next few weeks look to be very busy, as well.
I am in the process of inventory at school- ugh!!! I can't get it done for the interruptions. I hope this week might be better, as I think several grades have field trips planned. I wish they would all go somewhere on the same day!!!!!
In other news, the cemetery that was vandalized this past week is the cemetery where my parents, grandparents (both sets), aunts, uncles, and cousins are buried. We went by to check that afternoon as David had to go to Quintown anyway. The row of markers behind my Daddy's parents graves had all been knocked over and broken. How sorry is that. The people they showed on TV that had been arrested gave the appearance of "inbreeding" if you get my drift. They looked pretty low-life. Anyway, we went back by on Thursday so that I could put flowers on Mother and Daddy's grave, and my grandparents (Daddy's parents-I always put something on their grave as Mother tried to do that because there is no other family left- my aunt and cousin still put something on Mother's parents grave), and they had the grounds looking really nice and most of the damage as repaired as possible. I know my flowers got rained on hard on Saturday, but it did not make sense to make another trip out there as we were already there on Thursday.
MaMa and PaPa Courington are doing pretty well. MaMa's feet have been swelling a lot and PaPa had an eye infection. At their age and health, it is one thing after another.
Mary had to go to the ER this morning. She came to church but she was so tormented by the itching that she had to go to the hospital. They gave her a shot and told her to see her doctor. Of course, her doctor has said until the transplant, he has done about all he can do. They may have to put her on a benadryl IV to help the itching. I know I have said this before, but unless you have ever had anything to make you itch (I have and had to be hospitalized), you can't really imagine the torment. Pray for Mary and pray that a liver will be found soon.
I hope everyone has a great week.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Loosing weight is hard, kep up the good work! I hope Mary can fins an end to this "torture" soon!