Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day


Well, tomorrow is the day set aside to honor mothers. I feel honored every day, so I don't really need a special day. I have the best kids in the world and I am so thankful for all three of them. They are not perfect, but who is? They are pretty perfect to me, for certain. I can't imagine my life without my kids. I thank God for them every day of my life. I am proud of what they have become and when I look at the world around me, I know how blessed I am to have such good kids.
My kids have always given me sweet, beautiful cards and expressed their love in so many ways- but yesterday I had a little group of kids do something that brought me to tears. Our Hispanic population at school now stands at about 20. These kids are so sweet. They love the library, and there is hardly a day goes by that I do not see at least 15 of the 20. They love books. They are working so hard on their English, and I am working on my Spanish. We sometimes communicate with hand signals, but we manage to get by. Well, I had gone to the office and my clerk and my "Doctor" intern were in the library when the entire group came in looking for me. Dr. Martin told them I had stepped to the office, and she told me off they went to find me. Now we have a fairly small office, but somehow all 20 of those kids got into the office to present me with a candle and an artificial rose for Mother's day. That had to be the most beautiful "flower" I have ever received. Then they all, one by one, hugged me with such passion. I wept. I felt like more of a "teacher" on yesterday than in all my years. What a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Happy Mothers Day to you!