Friday, September 15, 2006

A Step Back in Time


Yesterday I went with Addi to soccer practice. I actually was going to have to take her, but in the end Kim ended up getting to go (long story), so I just tagged along. None of my kids ever played soccer, but they all played softball/baseball, and the boys played football. During the softball/baseball years, which certainly spanned over a decade, we spent many hours on the bleachers. We used to joke about putting up a mailbox at the complex. Addi is playing soccer at the same complex. The soccer fields are where the old practice fields used to be. As I was sitting there, I could not help but to think back- where has time gone? My little softball player is now the mommy handing out team snacks (boy I handed out a lot of those!). I think cheering Addi on is going to make me feel young again- not that I feel old. Kim's MaMa and PaPa Courington used to love to come to her games; now, sadly, PaPa can't remember those days, or even yesterday. You know, we all need to "savor the moment" because we have no clue what the next second, minute, hour, or day will bring. So, for those of you who have life, breath, and soundness of mind- thank God for the day and enjoy it!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Now you made me cry...I guess we're even! Love you!