Monday, September 11, 2006

Days You Never Forget


Today is the anniversary of one of those days you will never forget. I started to think about other days that I would never forget and this is my short list:
1. The day I became a Christian
2. My wedding day
3. The days my children were born
4. The birthdates of Addi, Levi, and Hannah
5. My children's wedding dates
6. The days that my parents died
Also, I have to include these dates:
1. The day that President Kennedy was assassinated (who alive at that point in time does not remember where they were or how they found out that the President had been killed?)
2. September 11, 2001 (another date ingrained in the minds of those old enough to know and understand)
What dates are forever ingrained in your memory?

1 comment:

Paul said...

I have many days I can remember. Some I can remember clearly, some are a blur.

Here are ten of mine, not in any order.

1) They day I met Kim. Coming out off the airplane and holding her for the first time was an amazing experience. Then I had to meet her parents which I thought would be hard, but was a breeze.

3) My wedding day. A lot of planning when into it and it felt like it would never arrive, but it did. Now it's been over 8 years.

4) The day Addi was born. This was a blur. Even though the day was a very dangerous one for Kim and Addi, it turned out great in the end.

5) The day Levi was born. It went by quickly too, but it wonderful to hold my boy for the first time.

6) My first day of teaching. I will never forget thinking "How am I going to keep these students occupied?" And that first day was only a half day. I also rememeber a student reading a book, but was holding it up-side-down.

7) My baptism. Dad just recovered from a broken leg, but he was still able to baptize me.

8) The day I backed into a parked car at work. It was my first fender bender. I was annoyed.

9) The day the space shuttle Challenger exploded. I was in fifth grade and was home sick.

10) September 11, 2001. I turned on the T.V. at school for our morning announcements. We saw a plane crash into one of the towers. I quickly turned it off and the students asked what happened. I said that there must had been an airplane accident. Later, we were instructed to let the students watch the news because it was living history.