Thursday, April 02, 2009

Weighty Update

I haven’t blogged much about weight loss lately, in part because I have been on a seesaw. I am happy to report that I am once again seeing the scales move down a little. My resolve is strong, so that helps. I edged up a few pounds since the first of the year, actually I have gained and lost the same 5 pounds for a number of weeks, pretty much just leaving me at a standstill. I have not had a point where I completely abandoned ship, but a few days I let my feet get wet! It is funny, but I had a few meals where I overate, but never 2 meals in a row. This past weekend I ate too much junk, but I have managed to get my head straight. I am still in my smallest clothes, and if nothing happens, this time next week I should be at a new all time low for this round of “The Days of Susan’s Weight Loss Adventures.” This will never be easy, but I have made some changes that seem to have taken hold. I have not had a real candy bar in 16 months! I have had one Big Mac in the past 16 months, and I counted that in my daily points. While I am not still counting points, I know when I have gone over. I have had one glass of sweet tea- and that was by mistake (the waitress gave me sweet instead of unsweet and once I took a sip I thought- Hey it is just one glass!), I have not had a regular soda, etc. So, hopefully, some life-changes have taken hold. I have dropped to a jeans size that is almost easy to find- but I have much more to shed before I could be considered “normal”! As a matter of fact, I am still “obese”, just not “morbidly Obese”!!! I appreciate all the kind remarks that I have received- it does help! On another note- David is still in the battle with me, and is doing great!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so super proud of both of you. I wish I had that determination. Mom and I keep teeter-tottering also. I need to get my head straight

Melissa said...

Awesome! I need to get on the boat... I keep putting it off!

lmbolus said...

Stay the course! :) Love, Lisa

David Courington said...

You are doing great. Wasn't that 1/2 potato x 2 good? Hey, you are looking great too.

lesliemcguirk said...

That's awesome! Even if you are just maintaining right now, look how much you've lost. You're definitely in the minority and should be proud of your accomplishments!