Friday, March 27, 2009

Marley, he ain't!

I know the Bible tells us to love our neighbor- does that include their dog? Our “neighbors” have recently acquired a pit bull. It is red and ugly. I don’t care what anyone says- they should be outlawed. I have a friend at work and she declares it is how they are raised- I declare it is inbred! The problem with this dog is the fence it is in. To think that the fence is going to hold this dog once it gets a little older, is a joke. The fence is basically just out of some type of roll fencing (about 3 feet high) and at places there are big gaps. We have neighbors with small children, and I worry about them. Their dad told David that he was keeping an eye on them and the dog. They should be able to play outside without worrying about the stupid dog. I don’t really have any reason to approach them about the dog- yet. The problem is that the “yet” might be after the dog does damage. Most of you know what type of people have these dogs- and if you are thinking of the typical stereotype, then you are so correct!

4 comments:

lesliemcguirk said...

Yeah, a friend of mine I grew up with had them, and she told me it was "how they were raised"... That is, until one of hers randomly attacked a jogger going down the street who ended up in the hospital as a result of having his leg almost chewed off. I think owning pit bulls is irresponsible...

Anonymous said...

you are so funny! sounds like you are in walker county tho! hope there is no damage to anyone or anything though

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

I do not like them at all I think they should be out lawed also. They are not pretty dogs at all. When I just see them I get scared. I was bit by a dog one time and I do not trust any dog. Well I hope they fix the fence better for everyone around you.

bbeth said...

We did not buy a house that we really liked 20 years ago because I had a toddler and the next door neighbor had a pit bull with only a chain link fence. I could just see my baby sticking his hand through that fence :(

Bonnie Beth