Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Yes, Paul...I agree about the lack of blogging

Paul posted that he thought many of his bloggers were no longer blogging with regularity. I don't know what is wrong with me, but I am among that number. I guess I have not had too much to blog about, but I will post a brief blog.
This Saturday is the Bargain Carousel at the old Belk's in Century Plaza. Kim, Katie, Mandi and myself plan to go. Last year we had a ball. After we shopped until my huge garbage can was full, we went to IHOP. I guess we will do the same this year. We found super buys on kid's clothes and many still had tags.
This Friday night is the annual Walkfest for Indian Creek Youth Camp. I am working with registration. We hope to raise a lot of money. The camp suffered a good bit of damage during the recent "gravity wave", with the Hilltop Cabin having a huge tree come through the roof causing some major damage.
Kim had to have a spot removed from her face today. The doctor said she could not say anything until she had the biopsy (2 weeks from now). While it is hard to believe that it is anything other than a mole, please remember to say an extra prayer that it is just a mole. The spot has been there for years but has developed a black spot in it recently. It does not have any of the typical characteristics of skin cancer that you read about, other than that little tiny dark spot, so hopefully it will not be anything serious. It is hard to have to wait 2 weeks on knowing something, but that is as soon as they will have the results. As a mother, regardless of how old your kids are, you don't want them to have any health issues.
Addi has been fighting bronchitis. She has had a shot and medicine, but is still sick. She has an appointment with her regular doctor tomorrow, so we pray she is soon feeling better. The doctor she saw the other day said she almost had pneumonia, so she has really been feeling pretty rotten. She went to school on Monday but checked out and has not been back.
I love you all-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better Addi!

Crystal said...

I had a few spots removed too. All had a teeny tiny black dot in the middle. All came back dysplastic, but it's still scary. It has definitely made me more sun-cautious and sun block friendly.