Saturday, February 23, 2008

When Do You Feel Blessed?

This morning I put clean sheets on our bed (now I am not a "dirty" person, but changing sheets is not a weekly occurance I am afraid to admit), and I thought about how blessed I was to have a good bed. Many people sleep on dirt floors, but I have a new mattress that is a "back supporter", that is about 10 inches thick in cushion and padding, and that cost as much as some people, in some countries, make in their lifetime! Now don't get me wrong, my mattress did not cost thousands of dollars, but I have read that in some countries people might be fortunate to make the equivalent of $300.00 American dollars per year- so it would take them about 4 years to buy my mattress. Aren't we blessed? Have you thought about the things that make you feel most blessed? Here are a few of mine- feel free to list some of yours-
1. The blessing of knowing Jesus as my Savior and the opportunity to worship freely and unharmed
2. The blessing of a wonderful husband
3. The blessing of my children, and their mates
4. The blessing of 4 beautiful, healthy, smart, grandchildren
5. The blessing of my extended family and the fact that we can all be together in one location and no one is fussing or fighting or talking ill about one another
6. The blessing of going to a store and filling my buggy with food and anything else that I truly need
7. The blessing of employment- yes, we all tend to complain about our jobs at times, but what a blessing it is to have a source of honest income
8. The blessing of having had good parents who provided me an education so that I could make a living
9. The blessing of sight and sound. I am so thankful to be able to see my beautiful grandchildren and to hear their noisy chatter (well, it is actually above chatter level at this point!)
10. The blessing of health and life. I awoke this morning to no aches or pains, and what a blessing that is.
11. The blessing of each of you who read my silly old blog.
Remember- Count your many blessings name them one by one, and it will surprised you what the Lord has done.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I, too, feel truly blessed for so many things! Thanks for posting this because it made me pause a moment and thank God for my many blessings!