Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Special Day

Today would be Mother’s 96th birthday. It’s hard to believe that come June she will have been gone from us for 10 years. I was blessed to have a wonderful mother. I wonder if people ever quit missing their mothers. True, time heals, but at times I still want to call her to tell her something special, and then I remember that she is gone. Mother had a lot of pride in her family, and I think in my heart how I would love to share the past 10 years with her. So much has happened- weddings, babies, graduations, jobs.
So, on this February 16th, I remember a special woman. Happy Birthday, Mother.
On another note...MaMa is still very bad. We had hoped that maybe things would start to improve, but they haven't. They could not give her a treatment Friday because she was so aggitated. We understand they are moving her to another section of the hospital, possibly a medical unit, but we are not certain. Billy was there today and they told him they were moving her. We are not certain what is going on, but being the weekend I guess it will be Monday before we know what is up. We think they are trying to see if there is something medical going on. They did all kinds of tests in Jasper, and could not find anything medical. I think they are barking up the wrong tree, but perhaps they might unearth something. For some reason they say when a person hallucinates, that something medical is usually going on. One of the nurses told David that she had not been working all that long, but MaMa was in the worse shape of anyone she had ever seen on the unit. Billy said she was yelling that the house was on fire while he was there. I simply can't express how bad this all is and how sad it all is at the same time. I hope that something works, and soon.

No comments: