Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Susan's Ramblings

Well, I am sitting at work thinking about all of the things I could be doing if I were not here. This is one of those “lost” teaching days. There are children here, more than usual I think, but everyone is showing movies and just praying for 2:50. I have taken down all of the Christmas decorations and have up the “Winter” stuff and the January calendar in the media center. It seems kind of funny to take down the Christmas tree before Christmas.
Yesterday was David’s birthday. Poor fellow, he has certainly been having some rough weeks. We went to Cracker Barrel and then to get Katie’s birthday present. Happy Birthday, Katie! We love you.
David was supposed to get up at 4 this morning to take his mother to UAB for a treatment. The clock did not go off. He woke up at 5:30 and went to running like he was in a race. He managed to get her there, albeit late. They did not seem to think he was late. He called and told me that MaMa was in pretty bad shape, almost non-responsive. They are talking about hospitalizing her. Please pray that she will pull out of this depression.
In other notes, for several days my Arky dog was not to be seen. Yesterday he was on the other side of the exit- something he NEVER does. He was still on that side this morning, so I don’t know what is up with him. If he is not careful, he is going to meet the great dog-maker in the sky.
I read an interesting article in the Birmingham News the other day. It was about “Baby Baubles”. It seems there is this new mentality among new mothers that their significant other should provide them with some type of diamond, or expensive jewelry for having their body go through 9 months of “agony” and for the distress of delivery. Many new mothers, according to this article, are presented this “gift” in the delivery room immediately following delivery. Have you ever? What a “it’s all about me” mentality. The only gift I wanted was a healthy baby, and thankfully I was blessed with 3. I did get roses after Kim was born, but when the boys came along we decided that the flower money could best be used to buy formula!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited about the holidays. The kids are so much fun. I am excited about being with my own kids, as well. I can’t wait to see the grands riding their new gifts. I also look forward to Christmas eve and Christmas day more than I can tell.
Tomorrow is our 31st anniversary. It seems like just a few days ago- my how time passes.
Happy Holidays to my one or two faithful readers!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

So you don't like the idea of a diamond after 9 months of carrying a baby? I think I kind of like that idea. Too bad Ben doesn't read the blogs that often! Nah, just kidding (kind of)!

David Courington said...

IS RACHEL TRYING TO TELL US SOMETHING?

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE BEST WIFE AROUND, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. AS ADDI WOULD SAY, WOO-HOO.

Mandi said...

Happy Anniversary!! Miss you guys!!

LMBolus said...

31 years ago....I remember it like yesterday. I was all adorned in gold velvet. I am looking forward to Christmas Eve as well. In the words of MaMa, "We can't stop being a family". (Not that we would want to) Love, Lisa

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

Happy 31 years of Marriage to both of you. I hope thing's get better with David Mom. Iknow it is tought when someone you love is not doing well. Well take care and May God Bless Merry Christmas.

Paul said...

Hey, you have more than "one or two readers."

Happy Anniversary to the best in laws in the world!

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary! You have been a great example for us on how to have a happy marriage.

I think expecting a diamond for all of their "hard work" is ridiculous! It is not like they are the only ones that have had to endure the pain! Billions of women have done it before them. These women will be in for a shock when they realize pregnancy and birth is the "easy" part!