Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

Today is Christmas Eve, and as always on this day I think of family. “My” family has always had their celebration on Christmas Eve, so it has a place in my heart as a special day. It is a day that I think back to those that have gone on, especially my parents. Mother, although certainly not a social butterfly, was determined that we would celebrate the holiday as a family. The tradition has sense been moved to Patsy’s house. We have managed to keep the tradition together, despite a few years of moving temporarily to other locations. My own kids do not think they have had Christmas unless they have been at Patsy’s. One year Lisa and Norman hosted the festivities, and while a good time was had, my kids wanted to be at Patsy’s. Perhaps the most memorable Christmas Eve was one we had at my house because Joe was in the hospital. A sudden ice event happened, and Lisa, Norma, and Leslie found themselves sleeping on our couch due to the closed interstate system. Santa still managed to find these displaced souls and left a bit of “habushi” under the tree for them.
I pray we are all well tonight, as a stomach virus has hit Kim, Addi, and Levi. I know if they can’t get well, the year will not end on a happy note. I think they are better, according to the last blog report.
Well, until tonight…..Merry Christmas to all, and to all a great day!

1 comment:

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

I hope that Kim and them get better soon. I hope You all had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.