Friday, October 05, 2007

Siblings and Family

I found myself thinking about Addi and Lila today, and wondering about their bond as sisters. Addi loves Levi, and he absolutely adores her, but having a sister is so special. Kim has brothers, and I don’t think for a minute that she would trade one of them in for a sister, but, in reality, it is different. I imagine that growing up she had moments when she would have liked to have had a sister in the mix. She has great sisters-in-law, so that is nice, and perhaps has helped to fill the sister void. I don’t know if boys have the same feelings about siblings as girls do- then again I would not know! I have a sister. She is special. I hope that Lila loves Addi as much as I love my sister. I love my brother, but I need my sister. Addi and Lila will be such great friends, I just know. Life will hold many adventures for them. Please remember Kim and Lila this week. We are on the home stretch, and things are looking great. We are thankful for an uneventful pregnancy, and this time next week we hope to be giddy in love with our newest grandchild!

No comments: