Sunday, October 28, 2007

Happy Birthday, Kim! Happy Birthday, Lisa!

Today is my daughter's 29th birthday. Bless her heart- she has been having a rough few days. She is fighting a staph infection, and of course with all of the publicity lately, that makes it even scarier. We are confident that all will be well, but we are also an impatient people that want things to be instant! I have always been the family "fixer", and when it is something that I can't fix, I feel bad. All that aside, I am thankful to God that 29 years ago he blessed me with my daughter. She is my heart. I love her so much, and I am very proud of her. She is no longer my little girl, but a grown woman with 3 children of her own, but in my heart she will forever be my first baby. I don't know how I got so lucky in this life to be so blessed. Thank you, God- You have blessed me more than I could ever deserve.
Today is also my oldest niece, Lisa's birthday. She has also been a very special part of my life. Her birth was one of my first real memories. I was so proud of her (and I still am!!!). Then when Kim was born on Lisa's birthday (Kim waited 3 weeks in order to hit the 28th!) that made October 28th even more special.
So, happy birthday to 2 special girls. May life grant you many, many years of birthdays!
I love you, both.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Mom! I love you!

lmbolus said...

I love you too Aunt Toosie! Kim was and always will be my "birthday baby". Love, Lisa

David Courington said...

Hey-
Kim and Lisa aren't the only birthday girls. Susan's is on the 16th of November. Leave a note here to wish her a happy Birthday. Happy Birthday and love and kisses to my best friend from your not-at-all secret admirer.
David