Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Cracious, Granna

Cracious, Granna- yes, I know it is Gracious, but Addi doesn’t. She informed me that she “speaks both English and Spanish”. I had the honor of taking care of Levi and Addi while Kim was in the hospital. They were really good, and overall both would have received an “A” in behavior. Levi pretty much entertains himself while he is at home. We cheated and watched some Sponge Bob, but Bob acted pretty good. Addi told me at least 50 times how much she “appreciated” me for keeping them. These accolades came in the form of:
You are the best Granna.
There’s no one else like you, Granna.
Thanks, Granna for helping us.
Thanks, Granna for washing my soccer uniform.
Thanks, Granna for fixing me some chocolate milk.
You're so sweet for doing laundry.
You're so sweet for buying me a milkshake.
The list goes on and on.
Right before Lila arrived home, Addi told me “Cracious”. I had tears in my eyes. That was the sweetest thank-you I ever received.
Lila is so sweet. I am so in love with her already. Addi and Levi have accepted her as if though they truly understand that she belongs to them. Hannah can already say her name (Hannah is an advanced talker for her age. She makes me think of Kim.). Lila will have plenty of folks that love her. How sad to think that any baby would not be wanted. Cracious, Addi, Levi, Hannah, and Lila, for being my sweet grandchildren!
Thanks, Paul, for updating my header photos!

1 comment:

Paul said...

Thanks for holding down the fort while we were gone!