Monday, October 01, 2007

Childhood Memories

Okay, if you read this, you are tagged to list your 20 favorite childhood memories. Childhood is considered age 12 and under. I had fun thinking back to some of these events. I could have listed many more. I think I had a good childhood. I had people that loved me, and that means the most.

20 Favorite Childhood Memories

1. Snow cones at decoration day at Freewill Cemetery
2. Becoming an aunt at the ripe old age of 8 (almost 9)
3. Watching the Red Mountain Fireworks in the front yard with Daddy
4. Setting mousetraps on the stove (yes, on the stove) and turning the lights out and watching for the mouse to take the cheese (using the pilot light for night vision!), also with my Daddy
5. Mother buying me a bicycle for no reason
6. Barbie Dolls and the shoe box of Barbie and Ken clothes that Patsy made me one Christmas- I especially loved Barbie’s blue corduroy coat with the little buttons
7. Chatty Cathy Doll
8. Going to Kresses in North Birmingham to buy crayons and coloring books
9. The North Birmingham Library
10. The Lewisburg Skating Rink
11. Spend the nights with Cathy or Teresa, or Cathy and Teresa
12. Going to spend the night with Aunt Willie Ross and Norma Jean
13. Fresh Air Farm Summer Camp
14. The Girls Club
15. The Fultondale Swimming Pool
16. Going cave exploring with my brother
17. Fairmont School
18. Mrs. Self reading the class, “No Time for Sergeants”
19. Getting my ears pierced
20. New school clothes and “Merry Moc” Penny Loafers from the Sears Catalog (new clothes were not an every day thing in my childhood. My first day of school dress was beautiful- a plaid dress with a yellow pinafore made by my sister. I will try to post a photo!)

2 comments:

Emily said...

I enjoyed your blast from the past! i am working on mine.

Kent Garrison said...

I never read the book, but I love the movie No Time For Sargeants