Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mother's Day Thoughts

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. I feel so fortunate to be a mother to three great kids. They have made me so proud and as I have said many times, I can't imagine my life without them. It has been an honor to be their mother.
I am also thinking of my mother-in-law today. What a special person. She has been through so much in her life and yet her strength continues to be evident. She has loved me as her own and in over 32 years, we have never had one harsh word between us. She is indeed worthy of honor, every day. I have to also commend my dear husband. The past several years he has had to devote a lot of time and energy to the care of his aging and sick parents. He has truly been an excellent caretaker to the matters that they are no longer able to handle. His love for his parents is just testimony to their love for him.
This is also the day I think of my own mother. I miss her every day. I think of her in some way, every day. I long to hear her voice, every day. I have things I want to share with her, every day. I am thankful for her, every day. Her love to her children and family was so evident. She, herself, knew the feeling of loss at losing her own mother and she knew that we would feel that same pain and she so wanted to spare us those emotions. Yet most people, given normal circumstances, live to the point where they lose their parents. I understand her feelings now. I so miss her and I understand that she missed her own mother in the same way. God blessed us with a wonderful mother, and today when I think of her I am going to say a special prayer of thankfulness to God for her life and her love. I love you, Mother.

No comments: