Saturday, March 14, 2009

Grandparents Day, Spring Break, Baby Courington, and Ball Season!







I have been a delinquent blogger, once again. I guess I have been staying on Facebook too much! I have also noted that my blogger buds are not blogging as much, either. I am a little disappointed in the way the update is working on my blog. At first it seemed to be really accurate, and then I would check on someone's blog and they would have updated but the sidebar would not show they had. So for those who are depending on my update list, you might want to check the blog instead (did all of that make any sense?).
On to my update- well, I don't think I will update- just start where I am. We had the honor of attending Grandparents Day at Addi's school. I will note that I was the youngest looking grandmother there and David was the youngest looking grandpa! Now if you believe that, I have some AIG stock I will sell you at a good price. All kidding aside, Addi was proud we were there. She was so excited to see us, like she had not seen us in forever. I am going to post some pics so that you can enjoy (you will note that getting a pic of Addi with open eyes is hard!).
In other news, Baby Courington seems to be doing well. I know that Josh and Katie are still in that "anxious" mode, but I think things seem to be on target. I know that the next doctor's visit will help to ease their minds. I have started to look at baby things again, and doing so made me realize that we really need a new baby. Lila is now 17 months old and she seems like a big girl. She is talking very well for her age. The other day she told Hannah. "That's a big mess!" in response to Hannah dropping ice cream at McDonald's.
Kim and family will be in Oklahoma this week. We have to share with the other grandparents, but just knowing they are gone makes me miss them. We are looking forward to ball season. Scouting reports indicate that Addi is cracking the bat and fielding well. She is already a good ball player and I know this year, being her last in this league, will be great. Gramps will have to load up on bandaids, as she seems to go through them at a high rate of speed once ball starts.
Spring break is here and if all goes well, David and I plan to go to Nashville and then on to Louisville, Kentucky. We are going to the Grand Ole Opry and then to 2 separate Blue Grass events in Louisville. We have never been there before, so that should be fun. If anyone knows anything exciting to do in Louisville, send me a note.
Here's to a great week for all my friends and family.

4 comments:

lmbolus said...

Norman and I went to the Louisville Slugger Museum/Factory in Louisville on one of our weekend get-aways. They have a tour and show you how they make bats. They also gave us these neat miniture bats. (www.sluggermuseum.org) On the same trip, I believe, we went to the Patton Museum at Fort Knox. Norman is really interested in military history, so this was something he really wanted to do. I must admit that is was more interesting than I thought it would be. (www.GeneralPatton.org) I hear that the zoo is good, but I haven't been there. Have fun! Lisa

Anonymous said...

THE GRAND OL OPRY AND BLUEGRASS?!?!?!?!?!!? Can I crash your trip? I'll try not to take up much room. Just put me in the dash and I'll stay quiet! JK! I was getting all excited reading about Grandparent's Day and Addi starting to play ball again and when I got to the bluegrass I was like.. WOOHOO!!! Hope yall have a fun and safe time!

Crystal said...

I hope ya'll have a good trip.

Emily said...

Grandparents Day was fun for me, too, since you guys stopped by to see me! Thanks! And no... you are not like my grandparents, but more like parents or good friends! Glad you had a good time with Addi! Have fun on your trip!