Monday, February 23, 2009

Busy Monday

What a busy Monday! I was out of town this past week at a conference in San Antonio and coming back to the real world has been too busy for me. In case any of you are wondering- America's children are being educated by a bunch of drunks (just thought I would throw in that observation from my personal experience of watching central office personnel, superintendents, and "higher-ups" for the past 4 days!). I am now happily sitting in my recliner, with a fire burning in the fireplace, watching Little People- what a wonderful end to a busy day. We were scheduled to have our book club meeting tonight, but it was postponed because Kim had sick kids, and because Jasmine was not feeling well. Our book this month was The Secret Life of Bees. I don't know what our next title will be but I am already looking forward to it. Tomorrow looks to be no better than today- I have 2 parent meetings, one at 9 and another at 1- and between that we are doing the state writing test (also at 9- I hope to have all materials distributed before parents arrive- I had scheduled the meetings before I realized it was testing day. I did not want to reschedule.) Then I have to return the testing materials to the testing center, and go back for another meeting. Well, at least Friday is payday! I am also thankful for a job in these times. I hope everyone has a great week. Perhaps my next post will be more "exciting"- wait, every time I say that the "excitement" is not usually what I want, so maybe my next post will be more "enlightening!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been busy. You'll have to post and let me know if The Secret Life was good. I have been a ponderin' on that one!!!!

Mandi said...

Hey lady! I just wanted to let you know I am glad you are back home safe and sound. Even when we don't see you often, I like knowing you are just a few miles away rather than a few hundred miles away! Love ya, Mandi

Leslie said...

Hi! Thanks for the information about your school library program. I will definitely look into it when I get some time and contact you if I have any questions! :)