Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thoughts of Mother

Those we love don't go away,
They walk beside us every day,
Unseen, unheard, but always near,
Still loved, still missed and very dear.
************************
As I write this entry, my Mother's birthday is in just a few minutes (February 16). Were she still with us she would be 97 years old. Although almost 11 years have past since I last held her hand in mine, some things never change. My desire to hear her voice, even in my head. My desire to see her sweet face and beautiful blue eyes, even if just in a photo. My desire to share a moment, a thought, the type of things that you tell your mother- those feelings never seem to diminish, even with years. My yearning to just be with her and to know that she is there- those feelings, still with me. Will these feelings ever cease to be- I hope and pray, not. For these feelings are my connection with my Mother. I thank God every night for my Mother, till this day. I think that will always be my prayer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can completely sympathize will everything you are feeling. I miss my dad so much and I have those feelings too. I hope that you have a great day today and that you always remember those sweet things about your mother. <3