Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Take Me Out To The Ballgame and Addi's Come-Apart

Last night started my favorite time of the year- ball season! Addi's team- the Firecrackers were defeated by a score of 7 to 5. I believe they are going to have a good team. The team they played is supposedly the team to beat. Save for a few "errors" the Firecrackers would have won the batting war and probably the game. Addi went 2 for 3, not bad for a first game, I would boast. She is so cute and funny. Just like last year, when she gets on first base she does the "Addi Dance" where she jumps up and down and laughs. Going to the ballpark last night was somewhat like a homecoming. We saw people that had kids that played with our kids, and now their grandkids are playing. As a matter of fact, there are 2 of the girls on Addi's team whose mothers played ball with Kim. One of the little girls looks just like her mother looked at her age, and of course Addi looks just like Kim (even playing 3rd base which was Kim's position at Addi's age), so it was like looking back in time last night. What fun!
The funny part of the night was once the game was over. We were walking toward the concession stand and Addi was in front of me. All of a sudden she started crying and she looked like she was in a panic. I thought she had lost sight of Kim, as we were in a pretty big crowd. I said, "Addi, we will find your mother." Addi turned around and still in a panic said- "I'm not hunting my momma, I'm hunting the snacks!" Well, apparently the snack bringer for the night overheard Addi and came apologizing for forgetting the team snacks. How funny.

No comments: