Saturday, March 08, 2008

A Kinder, Gentler Post

Well, I've decided my blog posts must have become depressing as my comments have soared to a big, fat zero. I will try to "lighten" up.
Speaking of "lightning" up- I hit the 40 pound mark this week. I am cautiously optimistic. Truly, the "diet" or whatever you want to call it has not been bad. I still have my moments of weakness, but so far I have been able to, as Dr. King said,"Overcome". I jokingly told someone that I knew that Bible scholars have tried for centuries to figure out what Paul's thorn in the flesh was- I am thinking cellulite. What else besides added weight causes one to be so burdened? You guys know I am kidding- but cellulite is a flesh thing.
My blood pressure tonight was 105/55. It has always run low, but I think it has dropped with the weight loss. I think when it gets too low that you die, so I am going to have to monitor that. Again, just kidding.
The snow was very pretty this morning. Bandit played and romped like a kid on a ski slope. He was so funny. Fortunately, according to our area weather men, there were not any travel problems(except for the 20 some odd accidents and the one fatality in downtown B'ham). Seriously, the weekend guy made the statement that there had not been any road problems, and this statement came immediately after the news story about all of the skidding and so forth on the interstate. They showed footage from their weather cameras of some of the accidents and I don't think those drivers heard the news that the roads were clear and there were no travel problems. Give me a break weather people.
Well, tomorrow starts our spring revival. I look forward to a busy week, but a good week we hope.
My sweet Addi has the flu. If I could have it for her, I would. She is such a sweetheart. They started her on Tamiflu and Kim thinks she might already be perkier. I hope the rest of the family is spared the dreaded flu virus.
I hope you all have a great week.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Congrats on the weight loss. That is wonderful news.

Addi said...

I love my movie very much, Granna. Thank you and I love you more than I ever did! I'll always always love you that much! Bye now.

David Courington said...

Re- Paul's cellulite? Interesting thought. Did he not say, "Lay aside every weight...."

Katie said...

Paul also says "Bodily excercise profits a little..." My favorite verse taken out of context :0) You might be onto something. Seriously congrats on the weight loss! You are doing a great job.

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

I am pround of you Susan Keep up the good work. Maybe By Summer You can wear A Bikin I am just kidding.