Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Trial Begins


Only if you have lived on a desert island, would you not know about the murder of Matthew Winkler and the trial of his wife, Mary. It is all so sad. While I was not privy to what went on in the Winkler home, I can hardly believe it included physical, sexual, or emotional abuse. Regardless, Matthew is dead, three beautiful children are now parentless, and parents have suffered such a tragic loss. I can already tell from some of the hype that the defense will try to include brainwashing. I am sad that the Church of Christ name is going to be voiced negatively over and over again. I truly believe that Mary Winkler is troubled- obviously more troubled than anyone knew, even those close to her. I can imagine that the financial situation that she had put the family in had probably caused Matthew to be critical, and perhaps she regarded that as emotional abuse- If I wiped out our bank account (what little there is) and gave it to someone in Nigeria, I believe that David might be a little upset with me, as well.
Please pray for all involved. I saw those three precious little girls this weekend, and they do not deserve this. Their lives have been forever changed through no fault of their own. The grandparents lost a son they loved, and have know been left to raise young children- something I know that they are doing willingly, but how hard it must be. I found a link for live updates of the trial-
http://community.myfoxmemphis.com/blogs/MaryWinklerTrial

1 comment:

Paul said...

Such a shame. The fact that she has been drinking and smoking at a bar really says it all. And she wants custody of the kids after all this?