Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Wedding of the Century




Okay, I know my multitudes of readers are anxiously awaiting my post on the wedding of the year- or should I say CENTURY??? Anyway, the wedding was- let me say, an event. The funny thing to me is that it was treated just like the wedding of two twenty-five year olds- all the traditions were in place (except I don’t think there was a garter- or at least I hope there wasn’t!). Aunt Marie would not allow Paul to see her on the wedding day. Aunt Marie was giddy- and Paul, well, Paul was in love. We all liked Paul. He is a very nice man. His family seemed to be very nice, as well. They certainly turned out to support him. Many of his relatives drove in from New York, as well as some of his co-workers. The church was packed- at least 200 in attendance. I was drafted to be a “bridesmaid” because someone got sick. It was an experience. I proudly walked the aisle, something I haven’t done in decades. The photographer told every one to smile, while he was taking pictures- that he wanted to see teeth- of course I could not resist and blurted out- “You mean dentures?” The reception was lovely, with a delicious cake. It is just too hard to tell the whole story on a blog- it would take something like a book, I think. Oh yes, Paul took Aunt Marie 4-wheeler riding on Wednesday before the wedding. She said they went all up and down the trails at his son’s house. I asked if she wore a helmet- she said, “No, but I needed one!”

4 comments:

Emily said...

I think this is just the funniest thing! Of course I would love to hear more about it! Maybe tonight! Glad you had a good time. Who caught the bouquet???? :)

Unknown said...

He must be a good groom with such a respectable name.

Paul said...

Oops, I signed your blog under Kim's account.

Meredith said...

That is too cute! I love it!